CELEBRATE WITH US!
Click here to learn more about facility rentals.
- Please enter and exit all YMCA buildings through the front door only. All other doors should remain closed, used only in the event of an emergency.
- Members must always stop at the front desk to present their membership card to gain access to YMCA buildings. This includes each family member. Membership cards cannot be shared.
- It is recommended that personal belongings be locked in your car or in one of the lockers provided. Personal items may not be kept for members at the Front Desk. The YMCA will have a Lost and Found, but is not responsible for any lost or stolen property. Inquire at the Front Desk for any lost belongings.
- Parents are responsible for the behavior of their children and must comply with published Youth, Youth Center, and Nursery policies.
- Appropriate behavior is always expected – No obscene, abusive, disruptive language or fighting is allowed anywhere in the YMCA or its programs.
- The YMCA is unable to receive phone calls for members or participants except in the case of an emergency. A courtesy phone will be available in the main building lobby stairway for member use.
- No glass bottles or containers are allowed in the YMCA building. Vending machines for beverages and snacks are available.
- All YMCA property and equipment should remain in the proper program area unless its removal is approved by YMCA Staff.
- Any abuse or intentional destruction of YMCA property or equipment must be repaid by the abuser and can result in dismissal from the YMCA and forfeiture of all member fees paid. Accidental damage must be repaid or replaced.
- Use of tobacco products, alcohol, illegal drugs and gambling is prohibited in the YMCA building, parking lot, surrounding property and during YMCA programs at off site locations.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed access to the building or allowed to participate in YMCA sponsored programs or events.
IN THE LOCKER ROOMS
- Children under the age of 8 must be supervised at all times while in the locker room.
- The saunas are for members and participants ages 16 and older. Please follow the posted safety guidelines.
- Children should use their same gender locker rooms. Family dressing rooms are available in the hallway between the Women’s and Men’s locker rooms for young children who need supervision or help while changing and using the facilities.
- Locks are available at the Front Desk for daily use at no charge. Daily lockers must be vacated at the close of each day. The Front Desk has information about monthly locker rentals.
- Appropriate attire is expected in the common areas.
- Shirts which cover the midriff and appropriate athletic shoes are required in the gym, classrooms, fitness area, and track.
- Hard soled, non-athletic, or black marking shoes are not allowed in the gym or on the track.
- In the pool, swimsuits are required. No halters, string bikinis, cut-offs, or thongs allowed.
- Clothing with obscene language or images is not permitted in any area.
- All participants must sign in with the instructor before beginning class.
- All non-member participants must present their punch card at the Front Desk.
- Children ages 10-12 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- No children younger than 10 years old are allowed in adult aerobic classes.
CARDIOVASCULAR, CIRCUIT, AND FREE WEIGHT AREAS
- Children under 10 are not allowed in the Fitness Area.
- Children ages 10-12 and 13-17 must schedule an appointment in advance at the Front Desk with a Fitness Advisor for orientation prior to working out in the Fitness Area.
- Children ages 10-12 who have completed their orientation with a Fitness Advisor, may work out on equipment as approved by the Fitness Advisor only when they are directly supervised by parents or guardians who are not engaged in any other activity.
- Children ages 13-17 who have completed their orientation with a Fitness Advisor, may work out on equipment unsupervised as approved by the Fitness Advisor.
- When people are waiting for cardiovascular machines, please limit workout time to 30 minutes. Use the sign-up sheets if you are waiting. If you are on a waiting list, please stay in the fitness area. No one will come find you.
- While people are waiting for the circuit equipment or free weights, please be courteous and allow other members to “work in”. Participants doing a circuit program on the machines have priority over individuals using selected pieces of equipment.
- Appropriate dress is required:
- T-shirts or tank tops which cover the midriff must be worn in the upstairs fitness areas
- Sports bras should be covered by a T-shirt or tank top while in the fitness area
- Appropriate shoes must be worn at all times, sandals or open-toe shoes not allowed
- It is strongly recommended to have a spotter in the free weight area.
- Do not drop weights.
- Please rack weight plates when you are done.
- Return all dumbbells, bars, and benches to their proper place when finished.
- If you use chalk, please keep area clean.
- Towels and cleaning solution are provided to remove perspiration from the equipment only. Please bring your own towels to remove perspiration from your body.
- Please do not change selected radio stations or adjust volume. Members and participants are welcomed to bring personal stereo headsets.
- Walkers should stay on the inside of the track closet to the railing. Runners should be on the outside of the track closest to the walls.
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday traffic moves counter clockwise. Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday traffic moves clockwise.
- No hard soles or black marking shoes allowed.
- Children ages 6-12 must be with a parent at all times when on the track. Children under the age of 6 should not be on the track. All infants must be in carriers. Strollers are not allowed.
- Do not drop anything into or receive anything from the gym.
- The track is not a spectator area. Please do not congregate or stop to have conversation with people in the gym below or on the track.
- Shirts and shoes required at all times.
- Equipment may be checked in and out at the Front Desk. The person who signs equipment out is responsible for its return.
- Please refer to posted schedule for availability.
- Childwatch is intended for children ages 2 months through 5 years old. Children 6 years old and older can use the Essig Youth Center next door. Please consult a Member Services Associate for hours of operation.
- We strive to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all children. If your child has special needs which require extra attention we ask that you speak to the Member Services Director before dropping the child off. If it is necessary to discipline your child, the “time out” method is used.
- Childwatch privileges are limited to the time that the parent is working out at the YMCA. Please do not leave the building.
- For the well-being of others, children with fevers and/or contagious illnesses cannot be allowed in the Childwatch area.
- There will be a sign in sheet available, please list your name, your child’s name and the area of the building you plan to use. Your child will not be permitted to leave the Childwatch area until you return and sign him/her out.
- Childwatch attendants may not feed your children and OSHA Regulations do not permit employees to change diapers. We are unable to allow food or drink in the Childwatch area. The YMCA is not responsible for member’s belongings.
- We may interrupt your workout if we need your assistance with your child.
- There is a limit of 8 children in the Childwatch area at one time and Childwatch care is provided on a first-come first served basis. Each visit is limited to a maximum of 2 hours.
- The YMCA thanks all our Childwatch parents for allowing us the privilege of caring for your children. As your partner in this important endeavor we ask that you pick up your child by the time Childwatch closes. If a child is picked up after the published Childwatch closing time, a late fee ($1 for every 5 minutes after closing) will be charged. Thank you for helping us make the Childwatch program work for everyone!
- All general YMCA policies regarding behavior, dress, and age requirements must be followed.
- It is expected that participants will exhibit sportsmanship and good character at all times.
- Foul or abusive language or behavior is not allowed.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Only soft-soled recreation shoes may be worn on the basketball courts.
- Participants are asked to put balls back in the ball racks, and to replace all equipment when finished. The ball racks are to be used only for storing balls.
- Participants should be careful if bringing food or drink into the gymnasium, and are asked to clean up after themselves when they leave.
- Open gym space should be shared with all persons seeking to use the gymnasium and should not be dominated by any one group or game.
- Do not kick basketballs or volleyballs, or throw any balls against the wall with undue force, up on the track, or into the overhead lights.
- Dunking is not allowed on any goal that has been lowered, and hanging on the rim is never allowed under any circumstance.
- Full-court usage (for basketball or volleyball) is allowed only at certain times, when other gym space is available for others. Always check with YMCA Staff for permission to use a full court.