The Franklin County Family YMCA is a mission-based organization founded upon Christian principles and four basic concepts for the development of character: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. The policies set forth are intended to maintain a safe and positive environment for all members and participants.
- Please enter and exit all YMCA buildings through the front door only. All other doors should remain closed, used only in the event of an emergency.
- Members must always stop at the front desk to present their membership card to gain access to YMCA buildings. This includes each family member. Membership cards cannot be shared.
- It is recommended that personal belongings be locked in your car or in one of the lockers provided. Personal items may not be kept for members at the Front Desk. The YMCA will have a Lost and Found, but is not responsible for any lost or stolen property. Inquire at the Front Desk for any lost belongings.
- Parents are responsible for the behavior of their children and must comply with published Youth, Youth Center, and Nursery policies.
- Appropriate behavior is always expected – No obscene, abusive, disruptive language or fighting is allowed anywhere in the YMCA or its programs.
- The YMCA is unable to receive phone calls for members or participants except in the case of an emergency. A courtesy phone will be available in the main building lobby stairway for member use.
- No glass bottles or containers are allowed in the YMCA building. Vending machines for beverages and snacks are available.
- All YMCA property and equipment should remain in the proper program area unless its removal is approved by YMCA Staff.
- Any abuse or intentional destruction of YMCA property or equipment must be repaid by the abuser and can result in dismissal from the YMCA and forfeiture of all member fees paid. Accidental damage must be repaid or replaced.
- Use of tobacco products, alcohol, illegal drugs and gambling is prohibited in the YMCA building, parking lot, surrounding property and during YMCA programs at off site locations.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed access to the building or allowed to participate in YMCA sponsored programs or events.
IN THE LOCKER ROOMS
- Children under the age of 8 must be supervised at all times while in the locker room.
- The saunas are for members and participants ages 16 and older. Please follow the posted safety guidelines.
- Children should use their same gender locker rooms. Family dressing rooms are available in the hallway between the Women’s and Men’s locker rooms for young children who need supervision or help while changing and using the facilities.
- Locks are available at the Front Desk for daily use at no charge. Daily lockers must be vacated at the close of each day. The Front Desk has information about monthly locker rentals.
- Appropriate attire is expected in the common areas.
- Shirts which cover the midriff and appropriate athletic shoes are required in the gym, classrooms, fitness area, and track.
- Hard soled, non-athletic, or black marking shoes are not allowed in the gym or on the track.
- In the pool, swimsuits are required. No halters, string bikinis, cut-offs, or thongs allowed.
- Clothing with obscene language or images is not permitted in any area.
|TYPE OF GUEST||FREE VISITS||COST PER VISIT||ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP|
|Guest of Franklin County Family YMCA member who resides within a 60 mile radius of our YMCA||one||After one free visit, guest would be subject to published nonmember fees (cannot be a YMCA guest more than one time).||not applicable|
Guest of Franklin
|After one free visits per 12 month period, guest would be subject to published non-member fees.||not applicable|
|After 12 free visits per 12 month
period, 1/2 our published daily
non-member rate would apply
|Joiner Fee waived
and rates would be
1/2 of the published
- All guests of Franklin County Family YMCA members must be accompanied by the
- A member may bring no more than 3 guests at a time.
- A guest, under 13 years of age, must be accompanied by an adult member. Each adult
may only be responsible for 3 children.
- All guests must fill out a Participation Form.
- Members of other YMCAs must show proof of current membership. A copy of
membership card will be made by our Staff.
- If you have questions about our guest policy or if you have a guest situation that deserves special consideration, please contact the Member Services Director prior to guest visit.
- A responsible adult age 18 or older must be on the premises at all times with youth members ages 12 or under (unless child is enrolled in a specific program that indicates this is not required)
- Children should be in a program area such as the gym, pool, kids?? room, nursery, or with an adult on the track, not playing or wandering in the hallways, locker rooms, reception area or stairwells.
- Youth members (age 13 through 17) may join as individuals or be included as members on family memberships. Youth members age 13 through 17 are allowed in the YMCA without an adult. YMCA staff does NOT monitor or take responsibility for their
comings and goings from the building. Youth members will NOT be questioned or detained when leaving the premises and as such, may do so at any time. Parents must come into the YMCA to purchase a youth membership and a parent signature is
required indicating release of liability and an understanding of youth membership policies for any membership for youth age 13 through 17.
IN THE NURSERY
- The nursery is for members ages 2 months through 5 years old.
- Please refer to the Nursery Information Flyer for more details on schedule and rates.
IN THE TEEN ROOM
- Children 13 through 18 can play games, watch TV, or do homework in the Teen Room. This room will be monitored periodicallyby YMCA Staff.
- Parents are responsible for the behavior of their own children.
IN THE GYM
- Children ages 6-12 may play in the gym unsupervised provided that the parent is in the building. Parents are responsible for the
behavior of their own children.
ON THE TRACK
- Children ages 6-12 years must be with a parent at all times while using the track.
- Children ages 13-17 years may be on the track unaccompanied by an adult.
- All children must follow posted rules which are located at all doors to the track.
IN THE FITNESS AREA
- Children under 10 are not allowed in the Fitness Area.
- Children ages 10-12 and 13-17 must schedule an appointment in advance at the Front Desk with a Fitness Advisor for orientation prior to working out in the Fitness Area.
- Children ages 10-12 who have completed their orientation with a Fitness Advisor, may work out on equipment as approved by the Fitness Advisor only when they are directly supervised by parents or guardians who are not engaged in any other activity.
- Children ages 13-17 who have completed their orientation with a Fitness Advisor, may work out on equipment unsupervised as approved by the Fitness Advisor
IN THE POOL
- Children ages 7 and younger who have passed the swim test must have an adult present in the pool area while they are Swimming.
- Children ages 7 and younger who cannot pass the swim test may swim in small program pool only and must have an adult in the pool
- Children ages 8-12 who have passed the swim tests may swim in either pool but must have an adult present in the Y building.
- Children ages 8-12 who cannot pass the swim tests may swim in the small program pool only and must have an adult in the pool them.
- Children ages 13 – 17 who have passed the swim tests may swim in either pool and are not required to have an adult present in the Y building.